Darlington Mowden Park RFC– Darlington Arena, DL2 1DL
Post: Full time post
Salary: £17,000 – £20,000 (Dependent upon experience and includes OTE)
Reports to: Community Manager
Closing date for applications: 23rd May 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 3rd June 2019
To apply please send CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
An exciting opportunity to join the Mowden Park in the Community department has arisen. The vision of Mowden Park in the Community is to be more than a rugby club, by utilising the passion and family ethos of the Mowden Park brand, we work to provide opportunities and build brighter futures for people in our communities.
We work across four main areas;
Sport, activity, events
Health and well being
Social cohesion and inclusion
Training, education and employment
This role will suit an enthusiastic and passionate individual who is a team player with a proven ability to plan, deliver and evaluate high quality sport and educational activities. You will combine your passion for sport with strong organisational, communication and administrative skills. In addition to being a strong rugby coach, you will also have the ability to engage positively and build relationships with partners. The role will be responsible for delivering a range of Mowden Park in the Community programmes to schools and community groups, as well as promoting and delivering holiday camps and match-day festivals.
The position is based at the Northern Echo Arena but will work in areas including the Tees Valley, North Yorkshire and County Durham. Due to the nature of the job, some evening and weekend work will be required. The role will be required to work home match days throughout the season. Applicants must hold a valid driving licence and have access to a suitable vehicle. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
• Deliver various Mowden Park in the Community programmes and festivals to primary schools, secondary schools, rugby clubs and community groups within the specified areas.
• Organise, promote and deliver community coaching camps during the school holidays.
• Organise and deliver pre-match festivals, coaching camps and other Mowden Park in the Community activity on match days.
• Organise, promote and support the delivery of various CPD programmes for coaches, teachers and volunteers.
• Develop partnerships with key organisations to ensure longevity of the post. • Work with the Marketing & Communications Executive to actively promote the work of the Community Team.
• To ensure all documentation relating to activity is completed and reported to the Community Manager.
• To prepare well structured, progressive activity and coaching programmes ensuring a high quality, enjoyable experience centred on the needs of the participants.
• To complete comprehensive monitoring and evaluation for all programmes.
• To work with the wider off-field team to deliver events at Mowden Park.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and manage lasting partnerships
• Experience in sports development
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Excellent ability to communicate and engage with a wide range of partners
• An enthusiastic, committed and self driven individual
• Ability to work to a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
• RFU Level 2 Coaching Award
• Experience of coaching rugby to a wide variety of backgrounds, ages and ability levels
• Experience of working in a dynamic team environment
• Strong promotional skills and the ability to manage own workload
• Ability to make decisions and use own initiative
• First aid certificate and completion of Safeguarding and Protection training
• The ability to deliver initiatives effectively both as an individual and as part of a team
• A passion for sport and developing a career within sport
• Understanding and experience of working with schools and clubs
• Valid driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle
• Educated to degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status with proven experience in delivering Primary PE and School Sport
• Experience of working in an educational setting with knowledge of assessment and monitoring and evaluation.
• A range of sports qualifications (to minimum level 2 or working towards)
• Experience of working with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders, including sports clubs and national
• Experience of delivering educational programmes to young people.
*Applications without a CV and covering letter will not be accepted. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of
the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Spread the love
Salary £17,000 - £20,000 (Dependent upon experience and includes OTE)