Remuneration is presently set at £2500pa as an honorarium.
Essentially job spec is:
1) Publicising performance hockey player pathway across all clubs/schools
2) accessing the link to the England Hockey database and updating and maintaining this as player info comes in from coaches.
3) Producing schedule which outlines the whole programme identifying all the critical dates of coaching and tournaments, coaching allocations.
4) Recruiting coaches (which shouldn’t be as difficult as last year as they’ve all worked the new system very successfully).
5) Managing the budget (some £11,000) in terms of pitch/coach invoices checked and approved then forwarded to Durham County Hockey Association Treasurer.
6) Attending DCHA Committee Meetings and reporting progress. Same at DCHA AGM.
This role is essential to the smooth running of Junior hockey across the county. Anyone wishing to apply for this important post should express their interest by email no later than 6pm on Friday 3rd August.
Interviews will be arranged shortly after the deadline date.
If you require an informal chat regarding the post please contact Robin Hart, Hon Secretary, DCHA by email initially – firstname.lastname@example.org