Sainsbury’s Inclusive Community Training Programme
Improve your confidence in delivering activities to disabled people
Sainsbury’s Inclusive Community Training Programme is a three-hour practical workshop complemented by eLearning that will support you before and after the training. The learning will help improve your knowledge, competence and confidence in delivering sports-based activities to disabled people.
"Excellently delivered. I really enjoyed the balance of practical and theory. The tutor was really passionate about the subject matter and was very inclusive in his approach of our group."
- Pre-course eLearning – approximately 45 minutes
- Workshop – three hours
Who is the training for?
The Sainsbury’s Inclusive Community Training Programme is for those who:
- Represent a community based group or organisation where the primary focus is not currently as a sport or physical activity provider
- Have direct contact with disabled people
- Have the opportunity to introduce physical activity and sport to disabled people.
In line with this, the course provides first step training to support:
- Support workers including those in day, community and faith centres
- Carers and personal assistants
- Healthcare professionals
- Community based groups and organisations.
- learn about practical tools to support inclusive delivery
- explore creative ideas to support disabled people to access physical activity and sport
- complete a workbook that will support your activity sessions going forward
- learn about local disability sport opportunities for participants, leaders, volunteers and coaches.
"This training is something that everyone who works with disabilities should go to."
If you are interested in attending this workshop or would like to organise a workshop to be delivered for your organisation please email email@example.com