Do you want to work within a role where everyday you’re making a difference?
Are you compassionate, proactive and an experienced all round People Administrator?
Then this role may be for you!
The role of the People and Culture team is to create and manage a vision for all people related aspects of an employee’s lifetime within the organisation.
We are looking for an experienced Administrator as this role will play a pivotal part in ensuring that key support is being provided across the People and Culture function. Your days will always be varied and there are lots of training and development opportunities, along with the chance for this role to grow around you as you shape it and make suggestions on organisational improvements.
1 Organising and maintaining HR records using internal databases (e.g. record sick or maternity leave).
2 Maintaining, monitoring and updating relevant areas of computerised employee system.
3 Providing support to the People and Culture Team for day-to-day people issues relating to employment.
4 Tracking progress against Best Companies action plan.
5 Assisting with organisation of internal training programmes and events, including evaluation.
6 Administration of curated L&D platform and Learning Management System.
7 Preparing HR documents, such as employment contracts and new hire guides.
8 Revising company policies.
9 Creating and maintaining regular reports, dashboard and presentations on HR metrics.
10 Answering employees queries about HR-related issues.
11 Assisting payroll by providing relevant employee information (e.g. leaves of absence, sick days and work schedules).
12 Participating in HR projects as required.
13 Leaver administration including the recording of exit interviews.
14 Job evaluation and reward & recognition administration.
15 Assistance with recruitment including preparation of adverts and following up on pre-employee checks.
16 Responsibility for Staff Handbook, Induction Handbook and associated documents, ensuring all up to date and version controlled, as required.
17 Liaising with external partners, such as vendors, and ensure legal compliance.
18 Proactively using own expertise to create efficiencies.
19 Assisting with inductions for new starters alongside line manager.
20 Responsibility for People and Culture diary and associated tasks.
21 Owning employee adherence to internal policy requirements (e.g. appropriate annual leave balances) and producing reports which tell stories through the data.
22 Supporting Performance Management process, including ensuring meetings have taken place and following up formal documentation where required.
23 Ensuring absence procedure is followed accurately with line managers. Providing technical advice and support where appropriate.
Skills and Attributes:
– Proven administrative experience.
– Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
– Excellent IT skills, using MS Office.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Kind, personable and organised!
– An interest in improving the lives of people.
– Ability to multi-task and use own initiative.
– People skills – an easy manner and the ability to inspire confidence, as well as trustworthiness and tactfulness.
– Communication skills – for dealing with staff and superiors and for producing clear written reports.
– Admin skills – for dealing with sometimes complex paperwork and maintaining reliable records.
– Diligence – for understanding rules and regulations, adapting to new ones, and ensuring that procedures are followed accurately.
UK Coaching offers 25 days annual leave, plus nine days public holiday.
All staff are entitled to a Birthday Day to be taken within five days of their actual birthday.
New members of staff will be eligible to join the company pension scheme in the first month of their employment. Anyone not joining at this time will be automatically enrolled into the scheme designated for auto-enrolment purposes (subject to eligibility).
All members of UK Coaching’s permanent staff receive life assurance cover of twice their annual salary.
UK Coaching enhances Statutory Sick pay (SSP) and Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) with its own Occupational Schemes.
UK Coaching is dedicated to an on-going staff training scheme.
Following the successful completion of the six-month probationary period, staff are also entitled to:
• A healthcare benefits scheme.
• Access to reduced gym membership through GymFlex.
• Ability to buy and sell leave twice a year through the Annual Leave Policy.
• Access to a cycle to work scheme.