Laurence Jackson School / Cleveland SSP
School Sports Co-ordinator
(in line with Main Scale Teacher Pay Grade (1-6))
Contract type: Part Time (2 days per week, to be worked flexibly)
Contract Term: Probationary period 1 January 2019 – August 2019
Start Date: January 2019
1. To increase the number of young people engaging in an active lifestyle.
2. To co-ordinate and implement a programme of inter-school competitions within the Guisborough cluster of primary schools.
3. To be responsible for the delivery of a number of L2 CSSP competitions.
Post subject to government funding beyond August 2019, with the potential of an additional 2 days.
Laurence Jackson / Cleveland School Sports Partnership require an energetic, motivated and organised School Sports Co-ordinator for January 2019 to work in the Guisborough Cluster of Primary Schools and to take on the role of working across the CSSP, delivering a number of Level 2 CSSP competitions.
The successful applicant will have a sound knowledge of both the Primary and Secondary National Curriculum for PE. They will lead in raising standards of teaching and learning in PE within local primary schools, developing opportunities for all young people to access High Quality PE and School Sport.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a committed partnership, dedicated to enhancing the engagement in physical activity for all young people.
It would be desirable if the applicant was able to show:
1. Extended teaching experience
2. The ability to be self – motivated
3. Confidence to work in an advisory role within the Primary Schools
4. Sound knowledge of working with computers
5. The ability to network with members of the Cleveland SSP team and outside agencies
For an application pack please contact: Mrs P Dodds, Cleveland SSP Partnership Manager / School Games Organiser Work: 01287 636361 MOB 07704616984 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or access via the school’s website – www.laurencejackson.org
Deadline for Applications: Noon on Monday 10 December 2018
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 17 December 2018