Feel Inspired Junior Sports Camp @ Cambridge University back to Events
12 Nov 2019, 9:30am - 3:00pm
Date: 12 Nov 2019 – 9:30am to 3:00pm
Host: WheelPower in partnership with Rotary Club of Cambridge South
Location: Cambridge University (Sports Centre), Philippa Fawcett Drive, Cambridge, CB3 OAS
WheelPower’s Feel Inspired Junior Camp is a great way for young people aged 5-18 with a disability to discover sport in a safe, welcoming and friendly environment and all activity is adapted to suit your abilities. The Camps are a great way to make new friends, improve your health and have fun!
- Registration is from 9.30am and the camp will finish at approximately 3pm.
- There is plenty of free accessible parking at the centre
- The centre also has accessible toilets and changing facilities.
- Entry to the event is FREE
- Attendees are required to bring their own lunches to the event.
The deadline for registration and camp payment is Friday 01 November 2019.
Who is the Camp for?
- The Feel Inspired Junior Sports Camp is open to young people with any form of disability between the ages of 5 and 18 years of age, please note however younger or older participants may be included at the organisers discression.
- If any of the young people’s siblings or friends (of camp age) want to attend as well to enable them to take part in the activities together then they are more than welcome – just let us know. The activities on offer can cater for disabled and non-disabled people.
- We are expecting between 50 to 100 young people to attend the Camp.
Sports and activities:
- The sports and activities at the Camp may include wheelchair archery, wheelchair cue sports, wheelchair indoor athletics, wheelchair shooting, wheelchair table tennis, wheelchair tennis and wheelchair basketball.
- These activities are all about having fun, learning new skills and receiving coaching – this may include a small element of competition but this is optional.
- Everyone will be welcomed to take part and the sports and activities will be suitable for you at a level at which you will feel comfortable.
- Each sport will last for approximately 35-minutes but young people can go at their own pace and have rests when needed.
- All of our sports coaches are qualified, have DBS checks and have lots of experience of delivering activity to young people who have different impairments and needs.
- All young people attending can discuss their needs and support with the Event Manager and sport coaches in a safe and private environment before starting an activity.
- For some of the sports at the camp you will be required to use your own wheelchair. Please ensure, if applicable, that you bring a chair that you are willing to use in activities at the Camp. WheelPower’s sports wheelchairs will be available for certain sports.