Trying to keep children active?
Sport England’s online hub has a number of activities that you can do with children to ensure you stay active together. Click here to view the Sport England hub for ideas of how to keep moving.
Are you a school trying to support pupils to remain active? Or do you have school aged children you want to encourage to move? Follow your School Sports Partnerships on social media as they have a range of activities and challenges for you to try.
Darlington – @DarlingtonSSP
Hartlepool – @HartlepoolSSP
Middlesbrough – @MiddlesbroSGO
Stockton – @NorthfieldSSP
Redcar & Eston – @RedcarEston_SSP
Cleveland – @Cleveland_SSP
There are also a number of online resources to keep the younger ones active and occupied whilst at home:
- Youth Sport Trust – Free Home learning resources
- Change For Life – Wake Up Shake Ups – fun family activities to do together
- BBC Supermovers – fun Curriculum linked learning resources
- Go Noodle – movement and Mindfulness videos for use with children
- Premier League Primary Starts – fun Curriculum linked resources
- Nike Active Kids Do Better – resources for parents to get their kids more active
- Jumpstart Johnny – fun workout videos to get kids moving
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – Yoga and mindfulness Youtube videos
- Disney Dance-along – ThisGirlCan Disney Dance routines for mums and their little ones
- Change4Life Indoor Activity ideas – activities to keep kids moving at home
- Change4Life Accessible Activities for children and young people with disabilities
- Active Kids Do Better – family friendly activities at home
- Super Stretch Kids Yoga – interactive yoga App for kids
- Wuf Shanti Mindful Yoga Fun – dog yoga character that travels the world sharing yoga, meditation, & mindfulness with kids through fun games & music
- P.E. with Joe – live daily workouts on Youtube (Monday – Friday 9am)
- Yoga Mike TV – child friendly yoga sessions (3 month free trial)
- Premier Education – free resources covering Physical activity, health & well-being and life skills programme
- LK Health & Wellbeing – free active breaks, mini workouts and fun P.E. activities
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation designed specifically for kids aged 3+. Interactive adventures which build strength, balance and confidence – and get kids into yoga and mindfulness early!
- Kids Beginners Workout | The Body Coach – Super fun kids workout that’s quick and easy. Loads of fun moves that can be done in your own home. Try it with your whole family!
- PE with Joe | The Body Coach – Families can work out with Joe Wicks every weekday at 9am. You don’t need any equipment, just tune in to his YouTube channel each morning for a 30-minute, fun workout.
- This Girl Can is all about celebrating women getting active, no matter how they like to do it. Partnering with Disney and real families across England, they have captured some of the ways mums and kids get moving to the songs they love. You can learn their moves or put your own spin on their routines. At the end of the day, it’s about breaking a sweat while having a bit of fun.