We are currently working from home
Did you know?
Children and young people aged 5 to 18 should:
Sport England’s online hub has a number of activities that you can do with children to ensure you stay active together. Click here to view the Sport England hub for ideas of how to keep moving.
Are you a school trying to support pupils to remain active? Or do you have school aged children you want to encourage to move? Follow your School Sports Partnerships on social media as they have a range of activities and challenges for you to try.
Darlington – @DarlingtonSSP
Hartlepool – @HartlepoolSSP
Middlesbrough – @MiddlesbroSGO
Stockton – @NorthfieldSSP
Redcar & Eston – @RedcarEston_SSP
Cleveland – @Cleveland_SSP
We feel it is important to get children and their families active not just to help with physical health but also for mental health & well being. If you would like to get yourself and family active why not try some of the ideas/activities below:
1) The Body Coach ‘PE with Joe’ sessions start again on Monday 11 January at 9am and will be live every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the whole family to enjoy.
2) Change 4 Life have produced lots of Disney inspired indoor games and 10 minute shake up activities to help keep families active while everyone is at home.
3) Funky Feet offers fun physical activity sessions for 2-6 year olds and their families. During lockdown Funky Feet is going virtual and offering daily live sessions. Check out their Facebook page for further details.
4) Youth Sport Trust have developed a set of resources to help keep children and their families active. You can find lots of exciting activities for you and your family here.
5) Get Set 4 PE have produced free Active games resources to get families active at home.
6) Youth Sport Trust have developed some 60 second activity challenges that will keep the whole family entertained.
7) Premier League Primary Stars are all about getting active, learning and having fun. They have produced a family activity pack that will get children and their families moving and enjoying themselves.
8) Active Kids Do Better have lots of activity ideas to encourage families to spend time being active together.
10) Premiership Rugby Champions Learn with Us are a series of home schooling videos using rugby to inspire KS2 primary children to learn mathematics and PHSE.
11) Finally if you want some more ways to stay healthier and active as a family, why not try some of these tips.