We are really excited that the Tees Valley has been identified as a pilot area by Sport England to help support clubs and community groups delivering sport & physical activity through Club Matters. We will be working with the Sport England Clubs Team over the next two years to roll out tools and resources to help our clubs. This is a great opportunity to help your club or group grow with lots of current opportunities around taking workshops and general support.
Club Matters offers every sports club bite size support and guidance in the following areas:
- Online Support: including online toolkits, quick reference guides and e-learning modules.
- Workshops: Club Matters workshops are free, short training sessions delivered by experts.
- Mentoring: long or short term support from Club Matters Mentors.
- Club Improvement Plan: An online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development, to establish where they are performing well and whether they can develop. This will provide your club with a tailored development plan.
- Club Views: A self-assessment and review tool.
Return to Play Support
In support of the new advice Sport England has released, the Club Matters team has developed content and resources that will help clubs/organisations to apply that guidance. The new resources, which are now included on the dedicated coronavirus response page, take a variety of formats to provide helpful guidance for clubs and organisations. Ranging from full workbooks to templates and checklists, the resources include:
- Re-Opening Toolkit – this resource includes info on how clubs/organisations can plan their return to sport, with advice on what they need to think about across different areas such as re-opening their facility and protecting their people. The following resources can all feed into this toolkit!
- Risk Register Template – this template, with a dedicated user guide, is designed to help clubs/organisations introduce or update their practices regarding how they track risks.
- Creating a Risk Assessment guide – this resource, which draws from the current advice from the Health and Safety Executive, provides step-by-step guidance to help organisations address risk, including coronavirus-specific considerations.
- Understanding your People guide – covering the different ways clubs/organisations can gather the views of their people in relation to the coronavirus and how it might have impacted their ability/willingness to return to sport, this guide has top tips for how organisations can use that insight.
- Social Distancing guide – this resource covers the different practices and considerations clubs/organisations may need to introduce so that social distancing can be implemented in line with current Government advice.
We will help you on your journey to club accreditation and all the benefits it can bring. For more information and additional support please contact Mark Dobinson on 01642 342287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org